Friday, September 14, 2007
How to Meditate with Joy and Effortless Ease.
For 15 minutes everyday, start with sitting comfortably. Breathe deeply and slowly consistently for the first 3 minutes into your belly. As you do this gently practice, focus on relaxing your body and just sitting peacefully in silence. Release any thoughts as they arise. Do not follow them. Just release, release, and release. Make it simple. There is nothing to do, and nowhere to go. As you sit simply releasing and relaxing, let your awareness soak up the pure consciousness that is present. Do not get caught in "how to's". Just keep letting go and allowing yourself to melt into the silence and stillness beneath the thoughts. Do not try to change, analyze or resist anything. Just practice infinite patience with yourself, and accepting whatever happens inside as you sit and let the body breathes for you. Notice any reactions you have to thoughts, but don't get attached to them. Watch ideas, plans, desires, past and future. Just be in the experience of "Now" and maintain a present moment awareness of the eternal "is-ness" that exists as you.
"Look within, see the Self. Then there will be an end of the world and its miseries." ~Ramana Maharshi
Perhaps these incredible benefits (listed below) may or may not motivate you to meditate daily. Yet, imagine what your life would feel like if you allowed for a few of these benefits to enter your life...
*The Physiological Benefits of Meditation:
- Deep rest-as measured by decreased metabolic rate, lower heart rate, and reduced work load of the heart.
- Lowered levels of cortisol and lactate-two chemicals associated with stress.
- Reduction of free radicals- unstable oxygen molecules that can cause tissue damage.
- Decreased high blood pressure.
- Higher skin resistance. Low skin resistance is correlated with higher stress and anxiety levels.
- Drop in cholesterol levels. High cholesterol is associated with cardiovascular disease.
- Improved flow of air to the lungs resulting in easier breathing. This has been very helpful to asthma patients.
- Decreases the aging process.
- Higher levels of DHEAS in the elderly. An additional sign of youthfulness.
The Psychological Benefits of Meditation:
- Increased brain wave coherence.
- Greater creativity.
- Decreased anxiety.
- Decreased depression
- Decreased irritability and moodiness
- Improved learning ability and memory.
- Increased self-actualization.
- Increased feelings of vitality and rejuvenation.
- Increased happiness.
- Increased emotional stability.
* Exerpts and data taken from the Holistic-online.com website at: http://1stholistic.com/Meditation/hol_meditation_healing.htm#Benefits
Remember it takes no effort for your consciousness to observe itself. Just sitting still and quiet in a room alone is enough effort in itself. The ocean of being inside you is who you really are. Be present to its depth and this pure silence will awaken you and magically grow outside of you! There exists this special energy inside you that is always guiding you to live from this magical blissful place. It's found by going into the deepest and highest places inside yourself, and comes out in your life to manifest all the peace, prosperity, and love you can handle. So be very gentle with yourself, and let us know if you would like any further guidance or assistance with a one-on-one personal coaching session. www.EnlightenedBeings.com/manifesting-sessions.html
Learn the greatest secrets to taming your mind in The Manifesting E-book Program! Download it instantly today at www.ManifestingVibration.com
Sending many blessings to you,